Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My birthday present!
I had a tough time deciding what to buy with my birthday money....didn't need any clothes or fiber or yarn, so this is what I chose! When DH and I visited my Dad in the nursing home last Friday, there's a large tank set up just outside his room...it has a couple Angelfish and Gouramis. I've always loved tropical fish. The last time I had a tank was before Brendan was born. I had goldfish for a while, then some African Cichlids. Both are beautiful, but the tropicals are what catch my eye!

DH and I went to PetSmart on Sunday and found a 10 gallon kit that was marked down due to the box being opened. I picked out some plants(artificial), the gravel, the decoration...it's a stump with two plants attached to it and some pretty glass shells.

Yesterday and today I went to two different pet shops for my fish. Here's what I have: 1 yellow Guppy, 2 Dwarf Platys, 1 Red Wag Platy, 2 Sunset Platys, a Swordtail(this one has a beautiful tail...both the top and bottom fin are long, not just the bottom one), a yellow and black Sword, another Platy that is an off-white with a red tail and a Green catfish(he isn't green though).

They are all doing wonderfully and the kids all love them!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun present! :o)