Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Spring is finally here....
A single purple allium...our previous neighbor gave this to me before she moved last spring, so this is the second time it's bloomed here. These are such interesting flowers. I'd love to purchase more this fall. I've noticed that this likes the shade and water. I may have to move it to a different bed this weekend. Though I may just put some mulch down and see if that helps.

A lovely Columbine I purchased at Kmart the other day. I'm still deciding where it should be planted as it needs partial shade. I'm thinking in with my rose bushes. One of them didn't make it through the winter unfortunately.

Some of my daffodils. All of these were here when we moved in almost 3 years ago. They have multiplied wonderfully! This color is so pretty...a lovely contrast.

Another shot of the two colors. These are all I have...but this fall new bulbs from Brecks will be arriving for planting. My MIL are I are sharing these bulbs since Brecks is having such nice sales, plus a bonus coupon! We're getting these tulips, these daffodils, and these daffodils which actually have a nice fragrance.

A shot of half the flowerbed that runs along the side of the garage. I dug up some of the daffodils from the back and then planted some Johnny Jump Ups and Forget-Me-Nots from my MIL's garden. There are still 2 Hostas in there that need to be dug up and planted in front of the house. My husband will be making that flowerbed soon. Can you see the shape of the rock leaning against the garage? It's a heart! I didn't notice it until I was moving the rocks around....so glad I did!

No comments: