Thursday, May 10, 2007

The first batch of yarn ready for my Aunt in Florida. She purchased three batches of batts from me and I am spinning them to about a size 10 crochet thread weight, single ply. This blend is pink and gray with some pretty sparkles....very difficult to photograph and achieve the correct color!

I love this photo...I think it should be on a notecard! These are Osteospermum....or African Mum, I think...have to go check the tag. Found this at Lowe's along with a few others daisy-like perennials. This plant is in the back of our yard, in front of the neighbor's new fence.

This little bed is about 3 1/2 feet by 2 feet....it's on the side of the house next to a window. I planted 3 perennials(can't remember which though), this single allium and 6 little orange marigolds. It receives a lot of sun, so I have to water the allium at least a couple times a day...it does not like direct sun too much!

Pretty blue forget-me-nots planted on the side of the garage. Such dainty flowers...these came from my MIL's flowerbed....she had an overabundance of them this year!!

My first real herb garden! The top left is a Coreopsis...just because I had no where else to plant it! There's Curly-Leaf Parsley, Golden Oregano, Chives, Purple Sage, Rosemary and Lemon Thyme...which smells wonderful!
I'm very much looking forward to using these in my cooking!

No comments: