Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gotta love yard sales!!

My MIL and I went to a huge yard sale the Rescue Mission was holding this past weekend. She works in their office answering phones. The Rescue Mission has received so many donations, they just can't put it in their stores in this area. So to avoid throwing it away, they decided to hold a public sale and prices were lower than they would be in their stores. Below are the things I found at the sale and at a barn sale near my home.
These are all new greeting cards...a nice variety of birthday, Christmas and misc. These were all in a bedroom-sized trash can and I think it was only $1 or $2!

I love the bright colors of Mary Englebright products... This tin is hinged and inside are some new note cards and a nice pen.

I am SOO glad I found this set. It's ELLO...a creative system for girls. My oldest daughter loves this and I plan on finding more for her. I paid $1 for this!

Okay...I lumped almost everything together for these next two photos...just easier. :)
The picture on the left is of an oil painting print.....a cottage with huge rose bushes surrounding it. The other picture is a Monet print, called "Path in the Ile-Saint Martin". I paid $1 each for these....they do need new frames though.
The square object in the front is an acrylic trivet that has dried and pressed Queen Anne's Lace flowers and leaves in it...that was $.50.
The pan is a stove-top grill....$1.00. Next to that are three huge spiral-bound cookbooks.
Behind those are a pile of Ty Beanie Babies...3 mini and 3 regular size. Cara is always asking for Beanie Babies..this time I could afford them!
Next to the beanies is a nice pile of Bernat yarn...all of that for $1!
And behind everything are 3 things for the kids....a NIB Dora Colorforms, a puzzle...40 Hats for 40 Cats and Moley Gets Dressed. His clothes are magnetic!

Okay....the rest of the pile is books....lots of books! I think I paid $4 for all of them..mostly children's paperbacks....but all are in wonderful condition. Oh....there's also a butterfly photo frame, from Home Interior's...that's was $1 also! That is for Cara's room.


I've wanted one of these coats for a long time....it is completely washable and it's very warm! It fits perfectly and I paid $2 for it!!

These are one of my favorite figurines...but I've just never purchased one. This is the Learning Angel from Willow Tree. Her head was broken off, but with a little Super Glue, she's almost back to normal...just a little chip missing from her shoulder/neckline.

This was a great find! I paid $4 for this. It is now my nightstand.

To say the least, we had a wonderful time together and found some GREAT deals! I hope to visit more yard sales this summer. Now I will be on the lookout for school clothes for Cara and winter clothes for Caitlin.

3 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Your purchases are awesome. I have never been to a yard sale but you make me think I need to try them.

Carissa said...

You sure made out well at the yard sales! I'm sure that the kids will love everything. Caitlin is getting so big! What a cutie!

Ashabee said...

Wow! Looks like you made out like a bandit! My little sis loves those ello things too. Great deal on that!