Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm an Auntie again!

Little Rocco made his appearance into the world at 2:09 AM on July 11th. He weighed 9 pounds and measured 22" long....a big boy! My sister, Jackie, was in labor for over 20 hours after being induced Tuesday morning, having a shot of Demerol and 2 failed epidurals! Needless to say, she is extremely tired. I went to visit her and Rocco last night at the hospital. He's a little doll and had his eyes wide open for me. He has a perfect round face and a tiny little nose that is so adorable! I got to gently rock him to sleep while Jackie and I talked. He has a quiet cry...which I'm thankful for, for Jackie's sake!

It's strange(and awesome) to see my sister as a mother, but I know she loves Rocco to pieces and will take wonderful care of him. And me as his aunt...I'll be seeing lots of him...and of course, taking lots of photos as he grows. So check back often....and if you want to leave comments for Jackie, Rocco, or Pat, I'll make sure they get them!




2 comments:

Theresa said...

Congratulations! He looks wonderful. I love holding newborns. You'll have to pray a blessing over him! :o)

Melissa said...

Congratulations Auntie! He looks like a doll ;o)