Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A gift, a find and a project....
Last Saturday my neighbor, Pam, and I spent late morning and early afternoon just having a fun time together. First we went to the Farmer's Market here in Fulton, and found some wonderful vegetables and homemade pies. I also picked up some homemade peanut butter fudge that was so yummy!

Then we ventured a few miles north on Rt 48 to visit an antiques shop. Pam has been before, but I have not...I tell you, I will be going back! Every room in this house is full of wonderful antiques and collectibles. So many wonderful things I would love to bring home, but always so little money. Oh well...one piece at a time. The vase below was that day's find. It caught my eye instantly...the colors work perfectly with our dining room decor. I think I may be cutting some of my sunflowers to place in it.

There are no markings on the bottom of the vase to tell me where it was made, so if anyone knows anything about it, I would LOVE to know!

I had to place this project on the backburner for a couple days...I was becoming very frustrated with it. I dropped two stitches and was having a tough time reversing back to where I messed up. Maybe tonight I'll pick it back up when the kids are sleeping.

I created the fiber blend and spun the yarn for this scarf. It's about 75% black and gray alpaca and about 25% white Satin Angora. Very soft and it wanted to be spun thin!! ;) I'm using a size 5 bamboo circular needle...I think it's knitting up beautifully!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hello Amanda,
Thanks for entering my book /apron giveaway:-) I knew when I saw your blog address with the "Handspun" in it I had to get over here right away! What beautiful knitting you do--I love to knit also but you look like you love a challenge and are quite good! I think you also had what I would consider a perfect day--visit to a farmer's market, bit of antiquing with lovely company:-) Take care~Suzanne