Monday, March 6, 2006

So a month has passed already....
Well, no kittens....I believe Gracie miscarried about a month into her pregnancy. She's totally fine and is back in heat again! Ugh...time to take her to the vet to be spayed....we had a visiting male cat this morning peeking in through the sunporch windows. I don't know if he's a stray though...he's extremely friendly and sweet.
These photos were taken two days ago. This is my knitting basket and Gracie was laying on top of a baby sweater waiting to be finished. She just looked so comfortable and content...our vent-free gas stove is next to the table, so I'm sure that's why she was in the basket!

Gracie has such bright yellow eyes...she's looking nicer as she ages. She's always been so gangly, especially with all those extra toes!


I finally finished knitting this cotton baby sun hat...it's way too small for Caitlin, so it will have to go to someone who has a newborn to 3 month old! I'd still like to make another for Caitlin, just have to use the directions for the larger sizes.

This is a granny square blanket in the making for a friend's daughter born last September. I found Lion Brand's Chunky USA yarn in the light yellow and lavender for $1.00 a skein at Real Deals!!! I should have purchased more than I did at that price! I love crocheting with this yarn...works up so fast...and the granny square pattern makes it go even faster. :)

This is our daughter, Cara, when she was just over 2 years old. We had visited a friend's house after church and had waffles with cherry pie filling as a topping. We have this photo framed in our living room...she's just so adorable!

Today is my day to catch up on computer work, but I also plan to continue working on the granny square blanket and spin up some lovely Corriedale/Silk roving I purchased on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Caitlin is about ready for a nap, so I may wash and dye some raw wool too. I know the time will get away from me as usual, so I cannot forget to make dinner for the family! 5 o'clock comes much too fast!

No comments: