Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My, the weather is crazy here in Central NY! It was almost 60 the other day and today we're getting lake effect snow. sigh. But I know spring is so close...many geese have been flying north and my daffodils are popping up. I'm ready to get outside every day to breathe the fresh air and work in my flowerbeds, however small they may be!

Here is another photo of Caitlin...she is just so darn cute...I snapped this photo before she took off. She was just sitting there in her pjs taking a break, drinking her juice and kicking her feet up in the air.



Is this pretty, or what? I started spinning 4 ounces of Merino roving dyed in these wonderful colors...it will end up about a sport weight yarn. This roving came from Winderwood Farm's Ebay store. I'll post a photo of the finished skein later.


This is a couple locks of some free llama fiber I was given by a friend. It's from an appaloosa llama. I'll be taking the kids this Sunday after church to visit the farm. I hope to find which animal this fiber came from! I also get to pick out a fleece on the hoof free of charge....the owner only requests that I make her something from some of it! And the animal will be cleaned prior to shearing! I may choose this fleece again...I hope to wash, blend and spin a sample before Sunday.

And this is two batches of gray Romney that I overdyed. For the pink, I used Fuschia Jacquard dye and for the blue, I used Navy Blue Cushings. The color is wonderful, but the fiber is not terribly soft at all...so I'm thinking of spinning it single ply to sell for felting purposes.

And finally, this batt is about a 50/50 blend of superfine gray llama and chinchilla Satin Angora wool. I wound up with 3.4 ounces. It is such a yummy blend..I'm hoping to start spinning it up this evening once the kiddos are in bed.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm spinning some Winderwood right now too! That photo of Caitlin is totally cute!

Holly said...

Hi from another CA member! That Merino roving is lovely! Winderwood? hmmm....too bad I have plenty of wool already!