Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Silly Little One!



Caitlin was being especially silly the other day playing in my spinning chair. She moves so quickly, I was lucky to have snapped this photo in time! What an amazing personality this little girl has. She's almost 14 months...next week in fact. You can probably see the little shiny spot under her nose....she's cutting at least 3 molars at the same time, so that nose has been dripping almost nonstop for a week!! I should buy stock in tissues! ;)

Today I'm not feeling well...just stuffy and congested. I'm still in my pjs and loving it. It's 10:30 in the morning and I've already washed two batches of wool (Romney/BL X) and it's in the dye pot right now being dyed a medium blue. A friend requested about a pound of batts in green, blue and yellow, so I'm trying to get that finished up for her.

I'm also plying a skein of purple and blue Corriedale & Silk blend....I'll post a photo of that soon.

And.....I'm carding a bag of gray, white and black Lhasa Apso dog hair, getting it ready to spin. I use two small dog slicker brushes for the carding...it's time consuming, but worth every minute when spinning the fiber up. Here's a photo of the last batch I completed..not quite 400 yards. I believe much of this was knit into a shawl.


No comments: