Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Elephants need to cool down too....

It's been so hot here in Central NY the past couple weeks....I am so very grateful for air conditioning. But being cooped up inside for days at a time can start to become irritating! So this past Friday, I decided to surprise the kids with a trip to the zoo.....even though it was in the low 90's and it was threatening to storm. I took them to lunch at McDonald's first, then headed to the city for the zoo. Cara finally guessed where we were headed about a mile away when she noticed a sign! They were all very surprised and happy!! We made a stop in the gift shop and I let them each pick out something. Cara chose a stuffed Lemur, Brendan chose 2 small plastic frogs and a pencil and Caitlin chose 2 plastic animals...a badger and a tapir. Such different tastes!

The first creatures we saw were the elephants. I believe this is a mother and her young one. They were enjoying the cool water and each other. Heads were swinging back and forth...so lots of splashing, then the young climbed on mom's back. Priceless. We arrived at just the right time to see this....and I'm so very glad I did not forget my camera! Enjoy!



No comments: