Friday, August 17, 2007

Beaver Lake Trip

Last Friday, the weather was just perfect after many hot days. It was cool with no threat of rain, so I decided to take the kids to Beaver Lake in Baldwinsville, NY. It's a small lake that has many, very nice walking paths in various distances. The kids (and myself) always love coming here. I made sure to bring my camera....so here's many photos of that day. Enjoy!
A very neat mass of grapevines...plenty of those in the woods there.
A grapevine that had twisted around a small tree...the tree was gone though! Only a piece of it remained in the spiral.

Brendan posing on a log.

And Cara too.....

And all three on a fun fallen tree near the water's edge. This is one of my favorite photos ever.....

For the life of me, I can't remember what these are called. They are very tiny carnivorous plants found in bogs.

A pretty wetland flower...I used to know what this is called.

Awesome Jack-in-the-Pulpits....another very cool carnivorous wetland plant.

Cara found this beetle on a wild iris seed pod....I almost didn't see it...since the green on his back matched the green on the pod! I was so happy to be able to take a nice closeup!

Just a neat looking tree....

Brendan loving the telescope on the bog trail.

Caitlin looking slightly bewildered.

How was I able to take so many photos in one day with all three of my children together??!!

A pretty fern on the bog trail walkway. I love water droplets on plants.

A small pond in the bog...water level are quite low around here. There were many frogs in this pond!

I believe this pretty flower is called Loosestrife. I think it is invasive.

A nice shot of some of the lake from the observation deck that has the telescope on it. The lake was very quiet today....we could only hear crows and seagulls.

Another shot to the side....lots of lily pads in this lake. There were many with beautiful yellow blooms!

Looking down at the water's edge...from the observation deck.

Another pretty fern....I'll have to look up what variety this is. I love the leaf pattern.

No comments: