Friday, April 14, 2006




My latest yarns....

I just love spinning boucle yarn! This skein and the skein below are both from the same Merino roving. For the first skein, I spun a fairly thick single, not even...then plied with a spool of pink and white tatting thread. This skein is 108 yards and 2.8 ounces. $14.00

This skein is small, but the yarn is very chunky! I used the remaining single I spun for the boucle yarn and just plied it. This would make an awesome brim on a child's hat! 36 yards and 1.8 ounces. WPI is 6-7. $7.20


I just love the feel of this blend...Merino and Viscose. I believe the percentage is 70/30. Viscose looks a lot like silk. 190 yards and 2.1 ounces $19.00

E-mail me at amanda@whirlwindhandspuns.com if interested in these yarns or you need more information on any of them.

No comments: