Friday, April 28, 2006

I joined a shawl Knit-A-Long online this week...this yarn is what I am using. It's Knit Picks Merino laceweight...880 yards. I purchased it undyed. My plan was to dye it with vibrant colors, but alas, because of the commotion going on around me that day, I forgot to add the vinegar to the dyes. Oh well...I'm growing rather fond of this colorway and I think it will work up beautifully!

You can see that I've started the shawl...I've completed a whole 6 rows with no mishaps. Tonight I hope to knit at least another 5 rows...not much, I know, but I'm tired and I want to get SOMETHING done on it before bed. The pattern is "Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl" by Jackie E-S. Very pretty feather and fan type pattern.


This is the yarn before I balled it up. What do you think?

1 comment:

Carie said...

Amanda,
The yard is beautiful!!!! I just love it. May I ask where you got your pattern? I am a slightly experienced knitter...I have tried several different patterns and haven't found one that I "loved" yet. So I just keep giving them away. I have a pattern book of lace shawls, but the patterns are all written using a chart and I am having trouble with them. Any suggestions? Your children are so cute, btw!
Blessings,
Carie