Tuesday, April 18, 2006


A Lace Adventure....




I had purchased a skein of Opal Sock yarn in the Magic colorway, intending to make myself a pair of socks with it....but I've discovered I really don't enjoy knitting socks right now. So I browsed patterns for lacey scarves online and found this one. It's called "Fishtail Lace Scarf". And I just realized my printed page does not have a link on it...must have been a PDF file! But if you look up the name of the scarf, I'm sure it will come up.






The pattern calls for Blue Sky Alpaca Sport yarn(3 balls at 120 yards each) and size 4 needles. I'm using the same size needles and it's working out fine with this yarn. I've completed 6 or 7 pattern repeats...I'm finally getting the hang of it...much faster knitting now!







This yarn is my oldest daughter's first real attempt at spinning(I plied it). My friend, Kim and I, were spinning together on Saturday afternoon and Cara was suddenly very interested in spinning something herself! So after Kim went home, I dug out a small ball of easy-to-draft roving and gave her a lesson. She picked it up quickly. I let her pick out some one ounce lots of roving from Leighton Farms that evening.







This yarn is Blue-Faced Leicester spun very thick and plied with red tatting thread. It's not a huge skein, but would make awesome edging to mittens and a hat!! 56 yards and 2.5 ounces $9.00












This yarn is a super chunky blend of brown Romney, white Alpaca and lots of Firestar. Very shiny in the sun! Not terribly soft, but it would make a very nice hat on big needles! It's 90 yards and 5.3 ounces. $15.00

No comments: