Monday, August 4, 2008


Alpacas!!

I've been hired to take care of a local alpaca farm for about a week...I'm halfway through and I must say, I love it! I go out around 8:30 in the as well as around 6:00 in the evening to water, feed and clean up the manure. It is a good workout...I'm usually breaking a sweat by the time I'm finished!

The farm is Willow Creek Farm, here in Fulton, NY. They have 19 alpacas...9 females, 5 young males and 5 older males. Most are a bit shy, but there's a couple that love to be pet and will come up to me.

The photo above is a white female...I think it's Kiana, but I'm not sure.

One of the young males.

Two females...wondering what I'm doing.
More females....

Two females loving on each other....

I believe this is Miracle Man, a younger male. He has a really neat fleece. I am working on washing, carding, spinning and dyeing his fleece.

Beau is my favorite. He is so curious and loves to snuggle.

Beau's fleece is just lovely. I was given last year's fleece as a thank you and this year's fleece is being spun for the farm shop.

Another young male.

The friendliest of the females...so pretty!

Another shot of her...she's very photogenic I think!

No comments: