Saturday, July 5, 2008

Can you guess what kind of fiber this is? Looks a little like silk, but is not.

It's.....BAMBOO. 100%...dyed with chocolate, pink and purple. It's called 'Chocolate Cherries' and weighs 4 ounces. I'm not sure what I'm going to make with the finished yarn, but I will be spinning it into a thin single, then plying it with another single that is 100% Jersey Wooly rabbit wool.
I've been saving my 'Sweetheart's' wool for a couple years now and I might have 3-4 ounces now. She is a chocolate-colored rabbit, but the yarn from her wool is a pretty gray with a chocolate cast to it. The yarn from these two fibers will be amazing! I'm really looking forward to knitting whatever it is I decide to make.

1 comment:

Abbyscraftymom said...

thanks for the link to your blog from swap bot. They are so pretty. I would love to pet one i bet they are so soft. Your fiber looks great to. very pretty, if only i knew what to do with some of it.