Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Latest projects
This is a scarf for my neighbor. It is handspun (by me) Merino wool blended with viscose fiber. The viscose gives the yarn a shine a softness similar to silk. I LOVE spinning this blend.

A dishcloth knit with cotton yarn. This pattern took a while, but I love how it made the yarn have a diagonal striping effect! Next time though, I need to bind off a bit differently to make the edge smoother.

This is a scarf that I'm almost finished with...hopefully today. The yarn is handspun by my neighbor's oldest daughter..she's 13. She's fairly new to spinning, so the yarn is a wonderful thick and thin bulky...which makes it fun to knit with! I had the yarn stored here, but there wasn't enough of one color to make something. I chose size 11 bamboo needles and I think they really show off the yarn well. I thought this would be the best use for the yarn...and it just is very her.

No comments: