Friday, October 19, 2007

Harvest & Frost
Last Monday the kids and I took a trip with my friend, Kim, to Beak & Skiff Apple Farm in Lafayette, NY. We picked about 17 pounds of Empire and Jonagold apples...the kids loved that experience! And we purchased apple fritters and fresh cider...yummmmm!!! We did get caught in a short rain shower...with some thunder and lightning in the distance. Do you know how difficult it is to hold and umbrella and keep three children under it at the same time???!!!

On our way back, we stopped at a pumpkin patch and chose the pumpkins in the photo above. The kids were VERY excited about choosing their own pumpkins.


Yesterday morning, while waiting at the bus stop, I noticed the dewdrops on these rose petals. I've never seen this before, so I had Cara run back to the house to grab my camera. As you can see in background of the next photo, it was foggy. It's been warm here the past few days...in the 70's...which is not really normal for this time of year in Central NY! You won't hear me complaining though....I LOVE this weather and I am NOT looking forward to snow and cold again.

I was able to plant my spring bulbs yesterday! My MIL and I went in together on bulbs from American Meadows (online). I happened to find their site when they were having an awesome sale...50% off all the spring bulbs! I chose fringed tulips, a big bag of mixed tulips, a big bag of mixed pink daffodils, daffodils that are white with a green cup, double daffodils that are a blend of bright orange and yellow, and purple Alliums. I am really looking forward to seeing all the awesome colors in the spring.

I love the color of new rose leaves....above and below. The dew seemed to brighten the colors. The dew on the red leaves almost looks like ice to me.

1 comment:

Wakela said...

The pictures of the dew on the roses was really pretty.