Friday, April 13, 2007

Around my house....
These are pretty daisy mums from my MIL for Easter. Flowers are amazing....they ALWAYS make me think of God and his creative nature....now that's an imagination.
This is the start of a baby blanket for my sister, Jackie's first baby, due at the end of June. My first pattern was a circular afghan, but I had to tear it out three times...I would never finish it at that rate...it's was making me mad..that's when I knew I needed to quit!!! This one is a simple basketweave pattern in, I think, Bernat baby yarn. This I can do...and it works up rather quickly. I also used a bigger needle...size 9 or 10 1/2. The afghan will be more open...better suited for warmer weather.

Just a neat shot of the table in the corner of my living room. The table was painted by my husband's Aunt Steph, who passed away last year from cancer. She is very much missed and this table will always bring back memories. The little baby in the front photo is my husband's only neice, Myah. She is a little over 4 months old now....and SOOO adorable. The picture on the right is of me and my little brother, Joshua. I think that was taken the year I got pregnant with Brendan...2000. Joshua is 21 years younger than me! The photo in the back is of Caitlin, our youngest...that was taken last fall. The photo on the left, sorry you can't see it that well...is of Caitlin at Grandma and Grandpa's last summer on her Hot Wheels bike! She just loves it...and every time she sees the picture, she wants to ride. :) Hopefully this year she'll be able to almost reach the peddles!

The plants are all from Price Chopper....they were having a great sale...2 for $2.50! My house needs more plants...and that price was too good to pass up. Tomorrow one of my projects is to re-pot them into slightly bigger pots that I found at the $1 store.
Gotta love great deals!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The table looks cute with the photos and plants on it ;o)