Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A finished project!! This pretty scarf was a request from our neighbor's 11-year-old daughter. I used a Merino blend wool and dyed it jade green, turquoise, steel grey and black. I then spun a thick and thin single ply and plied it with white sewing thread to make a fun boucle yarn! Then I knit the length of the scarf in garter stitch with size 11 or 13 needles..now I don't remember! The outside edge was crocheted with a K hook and I added fringe from the same leftover yarn and some similar chunky handspun.

Tigger and Angel(top) love this basket to sleep and play in. They were in the middle of a wrestling match when I snapped this photo. They were in constant motion...it was tough to get a clear shot!


Both Gracie and son(I'm not sure which one this is) fell asleep...just a cute photo!

I was spinning this alpaca the other night and the kitties finished playing and climbed in....soft and warm...just like mom. They slept here for quite a while....not even stirring when I needed more of the fiber!

Toesies went to live with his new family this past Monday. I know he will be well taken care of....and he'll grow up with a little girl who is about 2 years old now. We'll miss you Toesies!!

Tigger will find a home soon....there are many who are interested. We will miss him very much.....he is a darling, sweet, laid-back kitten. He will make an awesome pet!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I sure have been having fun seeing the kitty pictures. I love the one in the wool basket best! :o)