Friday, September 22, 2006

These lovely batts are 100% Tibetan Terrier dog hair! This batch weighs 6 ounces...a lot of time to get the hair to this point. I have to use two small dog slicker brushes to pull the balls of hair apart and straighten, then it's all put through my drum carder to make the batts...these are ready to spin into a yummy bulky yarn.
This yarn turned out prettier than I thought! It's Superwash Merino...about 4 ounces. This yarn will be knit into a baby boy's vest and if I have enough, a matching hat or booties.
And this yarn is the finished alpaca from a previous post. I ended up with 257 yards. It's not very soft, reminds more of a mohair yarn. If anyone is interested in this yarn...I will be either listing it on Ebay(ID is whirlwindhandspuns) or my Etsy shop.

No comments: