Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Needling & Knitting....

I decided to try my hand at needle felting after oohing and ahhing over the beautiful creations at Bears & Buds.

My friend Eve, from Spinning Karma, sent me four felting needles to see if this craft was indeed for me. This little ball of fuzz was my first project...it is very loosely felted and not too bad for a first try with no lessons! My daughter, Cara, claimed it as soon as she stepped in to the house after school one day. :) She since asked for a tiny pink bear, which I made a few days later.


She stands a little over an inch tall. Eyes and noses are tough when they're so small...maybe next time I'm at A.C.Moore's or Michael's, I'll look for some seed beads.

The gray bear is a gift for my mom to cheer her up a bit....she's had a rough time lately...my Dad has MS and is bound to a wheelchair as well as rapidly loosing his eyesight. Please pray for him if you are willing!



This little cutie is an Emperor Penguin chick...I was inspired by the recent movie, "The March of the Penguins". What amazing creatures God has created! I highly recommend viewing this with your kids...it was just released to video/DVD. Anyway, this chick is made from gray Romney wool and black and white Corriedale. He stands exactly four inches tall. He is for sale...if you are interested, please contact me at atodt77@yahoo.com.





This project is a cute summer cotton hat for my little one. I think it may be too small for her, but we'll see after I've sewn the seam. This was a quick knit and I plan on making more of these as gifts! The pattern is in a book called "Hip Knits" from Better Homes and Gardens. There's also a matching pattern for a sundress. I've completed the front half and will be starting the back half soon.






This is my first attempt at knitting socks and knitting with DPN's. Not nearly as hard as I thought! It's just taking me forever to knit them because I have way too many projects going at once! I'm using Magic Stripes yarn....I just love this colorway. I'm hoping I can knit at least an inch or so every night.





I'm off to knit....

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amanda!!!

Great blog. Good for you for taking the plunge.

And get out of town with that penguin! He is awesome!!

Writing, in general, and blogging is, for me, one of the biggest ways I hear from God. I highly encourage writing. And, then, listen hard. I know it can be a challenge but isn't it so cool when you feel confident that you have heard from Him?? Wow. I love that God speaks to us.

Love to you,

Denise said...

... let me rephase that.

It is probably a safe bet that blogging won't get you any closer to God unless you can let loose your heart on there. ; ) And, I didn't mean to necessarily encourage that kind of public display of affection. I just meant the writing part can be helpful.

Oh boy. I messed up your pretty blog with all of my goofy rambling. Waah.