Friday, August 25, 2006

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
Look who has arrived!!!
4 beautiful kittens arrived this afternoon!
I've numbered the kittens according to who came first, etc. The first kitten was huge...I had to play vet and help Gracie get that one out. She didn't clean them off right away(except for the last one), so I had to get the sac off each one quickly so they could breathe. They are all very active and were mewing loudly!

The first kitten looks like this one above, but has white paws(with extra toes just like mom) and chest...and very big! Gracie howled trying to get it out....I felt her pain(having delivered three children naturally with no pain meds at all!)

As I was cleaning off the second kitten, I came across quite a surprise....no tail! Just a little stub! This kitten and the last kitten are about the same size...and they have almost all gray backs. The kids have already chosen which kitten to keep....number 4! They're already thinking of names... :)

Mom and kittens are all resting....their bellies are stuffed. Gracie is purring non stop...just makes me smile!

It was funny this morning...I just knew Gracie would have them today or tomorrow. Caitlin and I woke early and Gracie followed us around everywhere, purring loudly. She climbed in Cara's toy boxes, then finally decided to use the bottom drawer of my plastic rolling yarn bin! It's in my closet, probably the quietest place in the house. They'll stay there until they start to climb out, then they'll be moved down under the stairs. I'll either put up the baby gate or ask my husband if he would build a simple solid gate so they can't climb it.

I'm bushed...and ready for bed! What a day! My grocery shopping trip had to be put on hold...but we won't starve. :) I'm going to sit in my new spinning chair and finish knitting a CUTE hat made with my handspun....photos of that and matching booties will be posted after Sunday. (Have to wait until after the baby shower!! )

Until later....keep checking back for new photos of the kittens!

No comments: